A modern electric shaver is a very crucial component of gentleman grooming. To have that smooth and good-looking face, you need to invest in one of the best electric shavers in the market today. Although there are many electric shavers, they differ in many ways. Some men will opt for versatility, convenience or the safety of the shaving gadget, but the market is well equipped spoilt of variety regarding technology and the shaving power. Shopping for the best shaver with so many options available has always been hard for most buyers, but there are a few factors that you can consider to land on the best choice.
Factors to Consider When Buying an Electric Shaver
- Speed – This refers to how fast the blades move measured in CPM (Cycle per Minute). The higher the CPM, the more smooth and comfortable shave you will experience.
- Battery life – It is advisable to go for a shaver that can work both when connected to a power source and on batteries. A good electric shaver battery should last for at least 2-3 hours of use.
- Wet Vs. Dry – This depends on your preferred style of shaving. Some people like shaving using the gel, while others enjoy the convenience of the dry shave.
- Number of Blades – If you are looking for a shaver that gives you a closer and a smooth shave, the 3-blade shaver is the best recommendation. Others come equipped with trimmers and pops to help you cut long hair and shape your sideburns more easily.
- Portability – The best electric razor size should comfortably fit in your travel bags and light enough to carry around easily.
- Horizontal Vs. Vertical blades – Horizontal blades are preferred over vertical blades as they enable smooth shaving without scratching or cutting of the skin.
Top 5 Electric Shavers In 2018
Below is a list of top five electric shavers based on the close shaving and comfort level. They will help you in choosing a shaver that best suits your style and taste.
5 Braun Series 9
Braun is one of the most popular electric razor brands in the world. The German company has been leading in pioneering electric razor technology for many years, and the Series 9 is not any short of their quality. The electric shaver comes in different models: 9095cc, 9295cc, 9293s and 9290cc. It offers the best comfort and performance. The Braun 9 offers 40000 cross-cutting cycles per minute and provides a more close shave with an amazing pop-up trimmer. It has both dry and wet shaving technology, which allows you to shave comfortably on both dry skin and gel shaving in case of sensitive skins.
4 Panasonic ES-LV95
It offers the best features and value. The high tech electric shaver is ideal for men who love extremely smooth and close shave. The shaver is super fast, saving you shaving time and easy to use. It has an LED display that shows all information you need. The best thing about this shaver is the cleaning station feature that allows easy hair removal and blade cleaning after shaving.
3 Philips Norelco AT830
One of the most affordable and auto cleaning shavers in the market is Philips Norelco AT830. It comes with Wet and Dry Technology making it a good choice to shave sensitive skins. It is also quiet when used and has over 50 minutes of battery life which translates to approximately ten shavings while fully charged.
2 Panasonic Arc 4
Panasonic Arc 4 is one of the best and low priced electric shaver in comparison to other high tech shaving razors. It uses the 4-blade system, which is sharp to provide a closer shaving experience. The blades are long lasting, sharp and can rotate at 300 in all directions. It offers a speed of 14000 CPM and has over 40 hours of battery life.
1 Wahl Professional 8061
It stands as the best shaver for sensitive skin. Wahl Professional 8061 is an American brand designed to offer less bump and great shaving for any man. It uses Dynaflex cutting system, which makes it ideal for shaving the neck and the harder jawline. The system prevents skin cuts and burns; its one of the most affordable electric shaver you will find on the shelves today. It has hypoallergenic foils that present close and smooth shave and protection from bacteria, making it ideal for use on sensitive skin.
You can choose the most suitable shaver from the recommendations based on your preference. Get yourself one of the most reputable electric shavers and complete your date or interview grooming kit.