e-Learning has changed the definition of the education system. The education system does not consist of a principal, teachers, classrooms, boards, and hardcopy notes. Instead, it has changed to videos, graphic images, games, and quizzes. The paradigm has shifted from boring to fascinating. And it is continuously evolving in terms of various factors. One such evolved way into eLearning is the use of Learning Management Systems. Previously, online learning was limited to videos and tutorials, but with LMS, it’s much more.
Where is LMS used?
LMS has various applications and is helpful to everyone who wants to teach or learn. It is mainly used for:
- Employee Training
- Customer Training
- Compliance Training
LMS also stores data which is helpful for companies to understand the metrics that will help them understand the efficiency and productivity of the module and thereby alter it to give maximum results.
LMS used for the above purpose is TalentLMS, Litmos, and Bridge LMS. There are various others in the market to choose from. So let’s take a quick look at how LMS has changed how we look at online learning.
1 One-stop destination
As we said earlier, an LMS has everything required for training and teaching under one roof. There is no need to look elsewhere. LMS provides the following facilities:
- Course creation: You can create a course on any topic and divide it into sessions, paths, modules, and levels. That is how your content will be distributed in sections to ensure proper topic learning.
- Content storage: Most LMS is cloud-based, and stores content data online. This saves you drives and an easy retrieval process.
- Enrollment process: The basic details are asked in the first step of enrollment, and you’re good to go. This data will be saved and used if you lose your learning device and want to start again where you left off.
- Taking courses: Educators can align the courses and have live sessions between the saved sessions.
- Gamification: LMS uses games to understand learners’ knowledge of particular topics. These puzzles, quizzes, and MCQs are tracked for results.
- Discussion: Some chatbots make sure your query is solved. Apart from online sessions, this can be used for meetings.
- Social sharing: Learners can share the courses they like and recommend others to participate.
- Certification: After completing the course, a certificate shows both the learner’s completion and performance.
- Reporting: Reports are formed based on the performance of the learner. These reports are helpful for instructors to understand learner performance.
2 Customized courses and modules for students employees and customers
Apart from already-built courses, there is an option for customization. This helps you manage elements in the course according to the educator’s requirements. For example, you can add audio, videos, documents, images, games, and modules, depending on your need. This will make sure the requirement of the company is fulfilled.
3 Interactive learning
LMS has features like gamification and interactive videos, which help learners understand easily. As the human mind has pictographic memory, LMS becomes an effective tool. This minimizes the chances of boredom and leaving the course in the middle. This way, learners tend to learn quickly and retain what they have learned.
4 teacher-learner interaction
LMS also has the feature of live-streaming, video conferences, and meetings. Apart from videos and images, live interaction between learners and instructors gives a good result. Once a week, this live meeting can act as problem-solving sessions and feedback sessions.
LMS analyzes the data stored during the learner’s activity, and these data are used to produce reports. In addition, there can be weekly reports for educators to oversee the learners’ performance or reports after completing a course or topic. These reports help provide certificates at the end of the course. Also, with feedback, you can understand learners’ satisfaction and provide customer support.
LMS saves time for learners as the learning process is online. They can access the courses anytime and anywhere. It is also economical as it saves money spent on course material. Companies that provide training also benefit from LMS. For training purposes, space arrangements and other supplies required are saved. Thus, it is also an economical choice.
The vast majority of companies use LMS to teach and train their employees and customers. With LMS in their pocket, businesses of all types can conquer much more, and that too in a short span. Using LMS, businesses seeking a partner to teach and train their employees will have a central location to shop. However, LMS goes beyond teaching and training. Businesses can use LMS for creating their brand identity, onboarding process, and tracking data.
These advantages in just one application are undoubtedly a new way into the Elearning world.