A software framework that assists online companies in managing their website, revenues, marketing, and operations is known as an eCommerce platform. The online shopping industry and the eCommerce sites that support it are fiercely competitive markets. According to G2, companies can choose from over 370 eCommerce sites. It’s impractical for one person to sift through hundreds of choices to find the best fit. So, to make an educated decision based on your specific needs, Topteny magazine has checked the top 20 best eCommerce platforms in 2021 and compared them side by side.
Why should you use an eCommerce platform?
Some of the benefits of using an eCommerce platform are listed below:
-An online product catalog will also provide descriptions and information to customers.
-Search Engine Visibility assists you in attracting new customers.
-Checkout, accounting, inventory tracking, and transfers are all fully automated.
-The Ecommerce app allows you to keep track of the purchasing preferences of your customers.
-Assists you in selling goods all around the world.
Which Ecommerce Platforms Are the Best?
Ecommerce platforms are robust and feature-rich software tools for selling goods over the internet. When choosing the best decisions, there are various factors to consider, and each eCommerce website designer has their own set of features. If you’re marketing three goods vs. 100, the requirements would be different. Alternatively, if you’d instead do dropshipping, then do your delivery and fulfillment. Finally, eCommerce software can allow you to add items easily, give coupons and discounts, and monitor inventory automatically. They can also assist with shipment and distribution so you can concentrate on running the business. Here are Topteny magazine‘s recommendations for the best eCommerce platforms to check out this year:
Wix is best known for its all-purpose website builder, but the company also offers a completely integrated eCommerce portal in addition to templates and logos. While other websites are notorious for their difficulty and provide an eCommerce network for all requirements, Wix is a much more straightforward approach for small companies that don’t need all of the bells and whistles of on-demand platforms. Furthermore, thanks to Wix’s suite of website builder toolkit, setting up an eCommerce platform is incredibly simple and easy to do and maintain, with no coding knowledge needed. As a result, everyone should be able to use the portal without too much trouble.
- It’s one of the biggest free online stores, with over 500 designs and templates to choose from.
- It has a function that allows you to email and handle invoices.
- Google Analytics can be used to monitor traffic.
- It will help you build everything from a personal blog to a portfolio page to an online shop.
- It has a wide variety of templates that are categorized.
- Multilingualism in its stores.
Shopify is a global eCommerce platform of over 400,000 retailers. When you think about eCommerce, Shopify may be the first thing that comes to mind. They’re a Canadian business that started in 2004 and rapidly rose to become one of North America’s quickest SaaS firms. Shopify offers three different pricing options, ranging from $29 to $299. Additionally, Shopify Plus, the company’s business platform, has its own set of prices. Unlimited goods, free SSL, coupon codes, inventory control, multilingual support, fast buy keys, lost cart recovery, advertisement features, and 24/7 support are also included with all plans.
- This free eCommerce website offers real-time shipment estimates from a variety of carriers.
- There are over 100 technical themes available.
- Stores are sensitive to mobile devices.
- Making an order by hand
- Include product reviews and star scores.
- Amazon Marketplace integration.
- Both policies have unlimited file access.
- Order fulfillment and distribution services are extensive.
- The stores have been designed to be mobile-friendly.
BigCommerce is the leading eCommerce site overall. It’s perfect for more prominent supermarket brands because of its powerful commodity search engine. This platform is also an excellent solution for those who plan to open an eCommerce shop or who already have a physical store but want to extend their operations to include online orders. Its available tools allow every niche or industry to succeed.
- You have the option of previewing before printing.
- You can sell through several channels.
- It’s one of the most robust free online stores, and it helps you build a WordPress shop with a complete back-end infrastructure.
- Customizable, SEO-friendly URLs will help you get more traffic.
- It enables you to build a mobile-friendly eCommerce shop.
Squarespace is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) organization headquartered in New York that helps consumers create and host websites and eCommerce stores. Customers build their web pages using drag-and-drop features and pre-built website models.
- Change the fonts, colors, and page layouts on your pages to make them look better.
- Material formats that can be customized.
- The editor interface is simple and easy to use.
- It is backed by social media.
- Templates for contemporary design
- It helps you to customize your CSS and another coding.
WooCommerce is the perfect all-in-one application for running an eCommerce and affiliate store. On the other hand, actual eCommerce sites like BigCommerce and Shopify sell higher, but just slightly. It integrates with WordPress to convert every website into an eCommerce shop. Payment gateways, social media, email marketing, 1-click selling, and shipping extensions are also accessible.
- The Most Successful SEO Platform
- It combines trade and entertainment in a streamlined way.
- You can expand the capabilities of your shop with this free eCommerce framework.
- It includes a REST API that can be used to handle anything from products to orders.
Magento is a web-based e-commerce solution. It gives online retailers a lot of versatility and power over their e-commerce store’s content, appearance, and features. Magento is perfect for small-to-medium companies with a proven market and the time, money, and expertise to create their website. The software is robust, with a library of over 5,000 extensions, but it takes more time and money to build than most of its rivals.
- Allows browsing of products and catalogs.
- Marketing ads and tools come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
- This feature aids reporting and analytics.
- Via the App Store, you will get more features.
- Options for personalization are available.
Square, the famous point-of-sale device, has introduced Square Online, an eCommerce offering designed to assist merchants in moving their companies online. It’s a powerful eCommerce platform of its own, but it also has useful features for small companies, such as curbside collection and local delivery.
- For restaurant websites, online food ordering is available.
- There are tools for both online and offline shopping.
- Square appointments allow for online bookings.
- The opportunity for nonprofit websites to receive donations.
Big Cartel is an eCommerce site that allows you to create a one-of-a-kind online shop, sell your work, and run an innovative company. For artists and developers searching for an alternative to Etsy, Big Cartel is the most muscular eCommerce website. It is a platform that is well-versed in its field. The builder itself is straightforward and straightforward, and it assists artists in putting their best foot forward.
- Allows you to design free themes to give your shop an exclusive look and feel.
- Allows you to choose a cost-effective business strategy that suits your needs.
- You will use it to monitor your shop, fill orders, upgrade items, monitor statistics, and run promotions.
Volusion is one of the oldest eCommerce websites in the industry, having been established in 1999. Despite the entry of recent rivals such as Shopify and Wix, it remains successful and reliable, with over 30,000 stores using the system and over $28 billion in sales. Volusion is the perfect eCommerce site for entrepreneurs and small companies looking to get up and running fast while also having space to expand inside their chosen approach. Many essential features are now available as part of the regular dashboard, unlike most platforms that need you to go through a mobile app. Volusion is an old device in many ways, but it’s also a reliable system that can handle most company needs.
- Mobile-friendly themes.
- Assist customers in quickly and easily locating items.
- It helps you to upload files, handle SEO, or do all three.
- With built-in advertising resources, you will promote your brand through your entire website.
- With cutting-edge shipping integration, you will increase your sales potential.
Weebly is a website builder created in 2006 and now has over 500,000 domains and a market share of 12% in the website builder space. This platform is ideally suited for modern small business websites that do not need a sophisticated online presence. Weebly is also a drag-and-drop website designer that is simple to use. This blogging tool comes with 50 customizable templates to help you build a unique blog for your company.
- Weebly provides a free plan for a short time, allowing you to test it out on a smaller basis before committing to a paid plan.
- Built-in SEO guides that are easy to understand
- It helps you to alter the style of your blog.
3dcart has several different plans that can be used to fund a range of various online retailers. This framework includes SEO software and a CRM, allowing you to keep all of your essential data and tools in one place. Their monthly plans range from $19 for a Startup Store to $114.50 for a Pro Store. Domain registration, no processing costs, unrestricted bandwidth, a Facebook shop, a built-in forum, API connectivity, and 24/7 tech support are all included in all plans. You may pick several Customer Groups to sell a discount to at once through their Advanced Promotion Manager, rather than just one as in the past. This is an excellent choice for B2B companies who want an online order catering to customers and retailers.
- There is no limit to the number of items you can create.
- Shipping prices are calculated automatically.
- Shopping carts can be saved.
- Check out on a single tab.
- Online chat and ticket service are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Ecwid is an easy-to-use eCommerce website for selling your services and goods. It has a dashboard where you can keep track of your inventory, orders, and pricing. This site will sync your online shop through all platforms, including the internet and social media. It also has a fully personalized storefront that means that the goods are visible no matter what gadget the consumer uses. To draw the target demographic, prominently show brand features such as logos, colors, and messages. Ecwid is also a breeze to get started on. And, thanks to Ecwid’s built-in integration with platforms like WordPress Company, Drupal, or, Joomla; things get even more accessible.
- This website provides real-time customer service.
- Your website can be managed from a mobile device.
- Provides some strategies for accelerating the development of an online enterprise.
- It enables you to manage anything from a single dashboard, complete with a consolidated inventory.
- Allows you to advertise on a website, Instagram, Facebook, Amazon, Google, and other social media platforms.
- Provides push notifications if an order is placed or payment is accepted.
Sellfy is an e-commerce site for creators and bloggers that is both easy and strong. It enables you to sell digital devices, physical merchandise, and subscriptions from a single location. It will seamlessly connect your website and product pages with your YouTube channel, Instagram profile, or Soundcloud account with buy now buttons. Sellfy also eliminates the need to install multiple applications for your eCommerce platform because it has software for email marketing, coupon codes, upselling features, and more. You can do it from various computers, including PCs, handheld devices, smartphones, and laptops, since it is cloud-based.
- Payment gateways such as PayPal and Stripe are supported.
- Watch high-performing brands, monitor traffic sources, see top destinations, and more with in-depth analytics.
- More than 1000 instruments are integrated into the system.
- Compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS)
- There’s a 14-day free trial duration included.
- You can easily add the logo, change colors, and so on, thanks to the extensive style customization.
- Allows you to add a personalized domain to your account.
- For your shop, you can use any language you like.
- Stores that are mobile-friendly and have a seamless checkout process.
Zyro, a renowned website designer, recently launched the long-awaited Zyro eCommerce platform. Their upcoming online shop builder, which will debut in early 2020, takes all of the excellent features they’ve created as a website builder and introduces a complete range of eCommerce features. In a few main fields, this platform shines. For starters, they allow their merchants to sell merchandise on multiple platforms, such as Amazon, Facebook, and Instagram. Second, it is easy to operate. Similar to Shopify, they say that you will begin the sale in under an hour. And it’s right. It’s a simple code-free operation with their drag and drop website capability and short setup guide.
- There are more than 50 payment options available, as well as commission-free purchases.
- Management of shipping and taxes
- Gift vouchers and discount codes
- Notifications and email messages
- There are also storefronts: an internet retailer, as well as Amazon, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Hosting is provided for free.
- Management of orders and supplies
ShopBase is a brand new site that launched in June of this year. They’re known for being a practical option for drop shippers who want to white-label their stuff. A credible design team creates entirely personalized, mobile-optimized storefronts for ShopBase. Every page has its collection of settings, and you can change the HTML and CSS for each one. You dominate every aspect of your checkout page, which is crucial for increasing eCommerce conversion rates. They also send lost cart recovery emails to travelers to enable them to finish their purchases.
- Online shop creator with a lot of features. Free shop models that are well-designed.
- The site loads quickly. It promises to be three times faster than any other network currently available.
- There are 250 different product variations (2.5x more than Shopify).
- Dropshipping merchants will benefit from quality commodity procurement and distribution services.
- To boost conversions, ShopBase optimizes everything on the product pages and checkout page automatically.
- Unlimited access to web hosting.
- Per plan includes a 256-bit SSL certificate.
- Monitoring for downtime is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with a 99.98 percent uptime guarantee.
nopCommerce is an open-source eCommerce website that is simple to use. It has a simple integration process and a wide range of customization options. nopCommerce is a well-known free e-commerce site that is built on Microsoft technology. They’ve been around for 11 years and now have over 150 partners and 60,000 live online stores. Developers, small entrepreneurs, and companies with diverse market needs can benefit the most from their programs. Microsoft, The North Face, and BMW Group are among their main customers. If you need a professionally personalized website and choose to use a free forum, this is the place to go.
- With rich built-in features, it enables you to launch and scale your online store.
- Every year, 10,000+ new shops are offered to SMBs and Enterprises.
- Use the multi-vendor and multi-store features.
- Provides compliance standards for all kinds of enterprises.
- Without any additional code, endorse a free mobile version of your site straight out of the box.
- The nopCommerce admin panel enables you to upload an infinite number of items, control several stores and vendors from a single location, measure delivery prices, and use marketing software built into the platform.
PrestaShop is an e-commerce platform that includes all of the tools you’ll need to set up an online store and expand your company. It has a mobile-friendly platform with a variety of eCommerce shop themes to choose from. Furthermore, PrestaShop is a PHP-based free eCommerce platform that supports MySQL databases. It is used by over 300,000 retailers and is available in 75 languages. To use PrestaShop, you must first download their app, after which IONOS can pre-install and host your account. This provides a simple download, a coding environment, regular backups, and technical assistance 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The PrestaShop ecosystem includes over 1 million group members, 1,000 donors, and 250+ agencies. Members of the group will post questions in forums and catch up with others at meetups. PrestaShop’s open-source code is maintained and optimized by contributors in collaboration with the PrestaShop team. Additionally, 250+ agency members are willing to assist in the creation of eCommerce pages.
- It enables you to post your posts on social media and your site, allowing you to draw more visits.
- Your company has no boundaries with the Prestashop website, which helps you store several languages and currencies.
- You can choose from a variety of professional-looking themes for your colors, branding, and style.
- It allows you to keep track of your numbers and monitor your store’s inventory, orders, and customer relationships.
Yo!Kart is an industry-defining e-commerce multi-vendor platform inherently designed for business owners to start an online marketplace. The standalone solution is equipped with all essential e-commerce features and integrations like ShipStation API, Stripe Connect for real-time split payments, TaxJar/Avalara APIs for automated tax management, and more. Yo!Kart is a highly robust, scalable, and secure solution ideal for entrepreneurs and enterprises. Plus, it can be fully customized to meet an individual business requirements.
Yo!Kart is a fully responsive platform, PWA compliant, and also has separate mobile apps for iOS and Android platforms. It comes with a one-time license fee and no recurring charges or transaction processing fees of any kind. Also, there is 12-months free technical support for any bugs or errors found in the system and a 1-month free digital marketing consultation.
● Individual vendor storefronts
● Separate dashboards for the admin and sellers
● Product catalog management system
● Manual/Automated shipping/tax management modules
● 20+ payment methods pre-integrated
● Multilingual & multi-currency functionality
● Multicart checkout
● Abandoned Cart Management
Salesforce B2C Commerce will assist you in establishing a coherent, sophisticated digital commerce environment. Salesforce Commerce Cloud, previously known as Demandware, is an enterprise-level eCommerce platform with a full range of capabilities and applications that make it a good match for multi-national businesses that handle millions of dollars in orders. It’s also the perfect eCommerce site for large companies with diverse requirements. It’s a complex yet powerful platform with enough customizations to handle almost any business program, whether B2B or B2C. Commerce Cloud, as a Salesforce tool, has integrations to other Salesforce products in the ecosystem.
- It aids in the conversion of more customers through smooth B2C e-commerce purchases.
- Using tried-and-true best practices, you will reduce the number of discarded carts.
- It comes with a complete mobile-first feature, including data-driven mobile UC, responsive interface, and one-touch payment.
- Customer support representatives should be empowered.
- API support is included in the whole application platform.
Selz is a fully-featured online shop builder that makes selling across all distribution platforms, even established websites, a breeze. E.g., you can quickly sell on Facebook, Google, and Instagram Shopping from a single dashboard by embedding your goods into any blog or website. Selz excels in this field as the e-commerce market becomes more Omnichannel, and shoppers want to shop from anywhere.
- There’s no limit on the amount of data, bandwidth, or clients you may get, plus insights, coupon codes, and a slew of third-party integrations.
- It enables you to add items, purchase keys, and various widgets to your website.
- Provides chat and email services.
- Per customer is assigned a personal account manager.
Using Ecommerce Platforms: Tips and Strategies
Here are a few pointers to help you with your marketing plan this year:
- Make sure you’re optimizing all your desktop and mobile websites for your eCommerce platform. When it comes to devising optimization and theme architecture
- Make the Ecommerce Website Appealing Visually by ensuring that the website theme you choose is vital to your niche and pleasing to the eye.
- The eCommerce platform must be well-organized and straightforward for navigation.
- Your approach to growing your business with the eCommerce platform should include a strategy for using the visitor data that your website produces daily.
- Integration of an effective live chat and customer support infrastructure – ideally 24/7 – should be part of the eCommerce plan.
- When it comes to selling their goods, more companies are opting for the omnichannel approach. A robust eCommerce platform will make implementing an omnichannel strategy a breeze. It will assist businesses’ online and offline peers in working together for a common objective of selling.
There is no one-size-fits-all eCommerce site. Every business has its collection of needs, budgets, and personnel, which influence which online retail application is best for them. Explore your requirements carefully, and don’t be afraid to try out a few options and see which one you want.