10 Current Fashion Trends that Are Worth Your Money
When you’re looking to add some new pieces to your wardrobe, it can be a challenge to decide which are worth the investment and which might just be a waste. After all, it’s awfully disappointing when something you’ve spent a pretty penny on barely lasts a season! To help you refresh your closet with confidence, here are 10 current fashion trends that are worth your money.
1 Cowrie Shell Jewelry
Accessorizing with shell jewelry is almost like taking a trip to the tropics, except you don’t have to pay for the flight! There’s so much about cowrie shell jewelry that makes it the perfect addition to your spring and summer wardrobe, but there’s nothing better than the bright, fresh vibe it brings to any look.
You can style this trend in a variety of different ways:
- Layer a shell necklace with other necklaces for a visually interesting look that’s sure to turn heads.
- Dress up your swimwear with a dangly pair of earrings and shell bracelet.
- A pendant necklace looks sweet and sophisticated with a v-neck blouse.
- Bring the resort to the workplace by styling your summer office look with a dainty choker.
- Finish your date-night outfit and pair seashell earrings with a flirty dress and sandals.
Cowrie shell necklaces are nearly timeless, especially when you pick a statement piece with elevated details.
Nothing adds a delightful jolt of energy to an outfit quite like neon! All you need is just a touch to transform your look completely.
- A fluorescent pink or highlighter yellow top gives off the perfect amount of rockstar edge when paired with black jeans or shorts. Finish the look with silver accessories.
- A lime green handbag is unexpected when styled with an otherwise muted outfit.
While head-to-toe neon might be a little more runway friendly than it is ready to wear, a small pop is a perfect way to brighten up your wardrobe.
3 Zebra Print
Zebra print is such a trend right now, but don’t let the stripes scare you! You can style this print almost like a neutral, and create outfits that work just as well for a day at the office as they do for a night out with friends.
- Pick a colorful play on the pattern. Burgundy and ivory or taupe and black look sophisticated and chic styled with blue jeans and mules.
- A zebra print skirt looks feminine and fresh when paired with a pink bubblegum top and simple black shoes.
- Jazz up an everyday outfit with zebra print accessories like a bag or pair of sandals.
Styling zebra print doesn’t have to be so black and white. You can get quite creative without going over the top!
So long as the placement is strategic, and doesn’t reveal too much, cutouts can actually be quite tame! The key is to look for unexpected cutaways that offer only a small, flattering tease of skin.
- A dress with a keyhole cutout in the ribcage is super flirty, and perfect for date night.
- Cold shoulder tops work for summer, especially when they’re in a light color and soft fabric.
Cutouts can be quite dramatic, so keep the rest of your outfit modest and minimal.
Today’s tie-dye is not at all like what you wore to summer camp. Muted color palettes and special-feeling silhouettes make these the grown-up versions of your childhood favorite!
- A tie-dye dress in muted shades of blush and lavender is sophisticated enough to wear to a summer event.
- Tie-dye sets make the perfect loungewear, whether you’re staying in for the night, or out running errands on a Sunday.
6 Bike Shorts
Bike shorts are a blast from the past that got a major upgrade for the 21st century. This athleisure trend can be worn with anything and can be styled for all sorts of occasions.
- Get super sporty with a crop top and chunky sneakers.
- Dress up your look with a pair of faux leather bike shorts, a sparkly top, and high heeled cute sandals.
7 A Trench Coat
A trench coat is the quintessential investment piece. It will last forever and is always considered stylish. In the spring and summer months, especially a classic trench coat is both dramatic and practical.
- Khaki colored trenches go with everything and give off effortless, French-girl vibes.
- If your personal style is bolder, pick a colorful option like peach or lavender – or even a floral print.
Jumpsuits are cute, comfortable – and oh so flattering! There’s truly nothing better than knowing you can make a whole outfit out of just one staple piece.
- Dressy jumpsuits are perfect for date night. Simply curl your hair, throw on a pair of sandals, and you’re ready to go.
- More casual versions are great for weekend brunch or errands. Style them with sneakers and a crossbody bag.
The most beautiful thing about a jumpsuit is that you can dress it up or down, depending on the occasion.
9 Crisp White
Especially in the spring and summer, wearing white feels so fresh and optimistic. To keep the look from leaning too bridal, it’s important to accessorize thoughtfully.
- Balance the starkness of white with pops of color and texture. A little cobalt blue trim or a silver snake print belt will go a long way.
- Create timeless, ethereal elegance by styling white with neutrals like taupe or blush.
10 High Waisted Jeans
While some people might call them “mom jeans,” the truth is that this comfortable, flattering trend isn’t going anywhere, any time soon.
- In the summertime, a light wash pair looks adorable with puff sleeve blouses and cute sandals.
- For the fall and winter, swap out for a turtleneck and high-top sneakers for an artsy vibe.
Stay True to YOU
When you’re looking to refresh your wardrobe with the latest fashions, above all else, it’s important to invest in pieces you truly feel you’d enjoy for a long time. Buy into trends that are not only a reflection of what’s popular but also a reflection of your personal style.